9/2/11

Passing the worry on

YDon't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle  you down. Philippians 4: 6-7


I have been doing a devotional called Daily Steps for God Chicks and I love it. Yesterday's was perfect for me. It said to take a worry, think about it, then give it away to God. This means that whenever you start worrying about it again, you remind yourself that you already gave it away. I love it because much of life is out of our control anyways. Worries don't need to consume my life.


My worries that I am trying to give up:
-Making money
-My online class
-Our foster puppy
-My body
-Fitting in time with my family
-November Marathon
-Med school

Yesterday I was worried about getting everything done. I needed to finish my online class work, I needed to get a workout in, do laundry, work on my personal statement, go to the grocery store, and meet with my mom for an afternoon of baking biscotti. It's bad how worries can hold me down.

Workouts have been a big source of stress in my life. All throughout high school and college, sports and workouts were more important than school, friends, and social life. My team was my social life. I am trying to pass this mentality on. I don't need to be stressed if I miss a day of working out. 

Since I had done a 9.5 mile run the day before, I decided I was going to be easy on myself and do a 30 min elliptical workout. Yesterday I went over to the YMCA for a workout. I LOVE THE HOUSTON YMCA. First it is brand new, modern, and amazing. Second, there was a problem with my card and both times the people have been so nice and told me I can work out there as long as I want until I have time to look at the problem. 


I came home last night to an "Anthony Therapy Session". We brought the dogs for a long trail walk. Then we came home for more "us time". We both laid on the closet floor and talked for a long time. It's nice to have someone who can relate. We were talking about how your early 20s can be really unsettling. I know things will someday be more stable, and until then I will be trying to pass the worry on to God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment