8/17/11

Dinner Party.

Our lives seem to be consumed by dinner parties, Sunday night Anthony and I had all of our friends over for smoked meat, rolls, and bean salad, Monday we went to Anthony's parents house for a lovely steak dinner with his grandparents, Tuesday we will have more friends over for a Tuesday Dinner Tradition for  chicken and rice, and Wednesday (today) we will spend with my family out at one of the nicer restaurants here in town.
This puts a huge strain on me. It is a large change to go from living on my own to now eating meals with the boys, and trying to adapt to their eating. I find that dinner parties are hard for me; I am trying to please the hosts and/or the guests and sometimes eat things and portions that I wouldn't normally do.
I am going to make a conscious effort to be better at my "dinner party scarf downs". I have always been good at keeping to my own style of eating, but it has been a struggle since moving in with the boys. 
MISSION EAT LIKE A HEALTHY GIRL, NOT LIKE A BIG GROWING BOY! I am on a mission yall. :)
I am going to start making the boys eat healthier with me (even though they might not know it!).
Oatmeal Cookies:
+ 3/4 cup applesauce
+ 1 egg white
+ 2 tablespoons canola oil
+ 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
+ 1 cup packed brown sugar
+ 1 teaspoon baking soda
+ 1 teaspoon baking soda
+ 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
+ .5 teaspoon salt
+ 1 cup raisins
+ 2 cups oats
+ 1.5 cup flour
350 degrees. 15 minutes. Yum :)


No comments:

Post a Comment