8/7/11

My Last Sunday as a ATX Runner.

This morning I had to wake up and rush down to the lake. It is my last Sunday in Austin so I just HAD to partake in the Sunday-Morning-Running Culture here. By 7am I was joining the crowd:
I ran the 3 mile loop, working on my speed. It was a great feeling to start my day this way. But, DANG it was humid today. My shirt was soaked after the run!!
I had a little free time so I headed a few blocks over to my favorite food spot on the face of this earth, Whole Foods in downtown Austin.
Obviously I took a few "samples" from the bulk area.. don't tell!
I figure that since I buy enough there, that I should be entitled to a few "shopping snacks"!! Right?!

Later I went over to my old apartment to clean it out and turn in my keys. I am so sad. It is healthy to move on in life but that doesn't mean that it is easy. I am so nervous about my new life in Houston. It is quickly approaching- one week from today. I have a verse that really spoke to me today: "But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" - Philippians 3:14
New beginnings aren't always easy, but I can't stay in school forever. 
This time next week I will be one step closer to being a "REAL" adult, I will be trying to figure out how to make my new life in Houston as wonderful and as healthy as it has been in Austin, I will be in the same city as Anthony and we will begin our lives together, and I will have to get used to watching my Texas Longhorn Football games on a tv screen (scary! hehe). 

No comments:

Post a Comment